Double SNAP Dollars envisions a time when everyone in Montana is inspired and empowered to incorporate local, nutritious produce into their diet and they have the means to do so.
By boosting the buying power of SNAP benefits, Double SNAP Dollars provides a dignified approach for more Montanans to access the quality of food they desire and that will help their bodies thrive.
The program focuses on local food so Montana farmers gain new customers and more food dollars stay in our local economy (but also because local food is fresh, healthy, and delicious!).
For more information about how and why Double SNAP Dollars was started, click here to visit the Community Food and Agriculture Coalition website.
- Doubled program participation since 2015, serving over 1,000 families in 2016
- Helped customers increase their fruit and vegetable consumption
- Increased combined EBT sales for local and healthy foods by 29%; on average, individual retailers saw a 40% increase
- Injected over $100,000 into western Montana’s economy
- Invited over 600 new customers into Double SNAP retailers, with an average of 90 new customers per retailer
Interested in offering Double SNAP Dollars
at your farm, market, or business?
CFAC provides technical assistance, branded outreach materials, program promotion and a Montana-based resource network to local food businesses offering Double SNAP Dollars.
If you are interested in providing nutrition incentives and attracting new customers to your business, contact the program manager for more information about how to get involved: