If you are a farmer, farmers’ market manager, or retail food outlet you can apply to become a SNAP authorized vendor

Becoming a SNAP-authorized vendor allows you to accept SNAP card payments so low income community members can buy more of your products.

To begin the process, you must apply with the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) to become authorized to accept SNAP. Then you will need to obtain the necessary equipment to take SNAP cards as payment (known as EBT, or Electronic Benefit Transfer, equipment). Finally, make sure you advertise that you accept SNAP!

To Apply:

To apply for free EBT equipment (for farmers and farmers’ markets only)

To learn more about accepting SNAP at your Montana farmers’ market: